1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That's a pretty damn strong starting five.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’m not sure about using Nate, Ariana and John again so soon though.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Mulaney hasn't hosted since 2022.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Grande was the musical guest in March, she hasn't hosted since 2016.

She is also doing a tour next year so maybe they worked it out to get her in now

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

All five shows leading up to the election. I assume there will be extra eyeballs because of that, and they wanted people who've done it well before.

Edit to add: Also, kicking off the 50th season.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

This'll be Michael Keaton's fourth time hosting -- each in a different decade (missed the aughts).

SNL Archives | Guests | Michael Keaton

Pretty exclusive club by my quick research. The five-decade club is Steve Martin (missed the 2010s) and Tom Hanks (if you count one of the SNL at Homes during lockdown), while Martin Short (also in different decades -- missed the aughts) and John Goodman (missing this decade) are in the four-decade club.

Haven't found anybody else with four decades, but would gladly be corrected if I missed someone. Alec Baldwin came close, but his first hosting job was in the '90s, and all his appearances in this decade have been cameos or as quasi-cast doing Trump.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2024 at 6:38 PM
    Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Holy crap I know all those names! I’m no longer old!!!!

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I know all those names, but I have to admit it stuns me that Bargatze gets a second hosting gig so soon. He was OK the first time, but he's just never struck me as a major player.

9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Are they going to keep up the tradition and have Dave Chappelle for the election follow-up Nov. 9?

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

My god, I hope he and Rock don't get to do a reprise.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Grande is starring in Wicked coming out at Thanksgiving. Maybe you saw her at the Olympics, or EVERYWHERE else on NBC. To say Comcast/Universal is invested in Wicked being a huge financial success is an understatement.
    Hoping Teddy Swims makes the show at some point.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Snoop isn't hosting as much as NBC used him during the Olympics.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted