1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

NYT would rather run a story about Coach's brother not supporting him instead of breaking down the strengths of the infrastructure bill.

Exhibit A showing why the NYT is more of a gutter whore than the Murdochs.

[​IMG]

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, the reporter at the Vance rally has things backward. Cutting interest rates doesn't "alleviate" inflation. You fight inflation by RAISING interest rates (and choking demand). Cutting interest rates is a sign inflation is getting under control already.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

garrow, HanSenSE and swingline like this.
  4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You just earned yourself 3,000 words of detention, my friend.

TowelWaver and Driftwood like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

SJer: It's very condescending to say MAGA people vote against their own self interests.

Reporter: blah blah ... will reduce inflation to help struggling Americans ...

MAGA people: BOOOOOOOOO!

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I keep marveling that they want prescription drug prices to go up again, or student loans not to be forgiven or cut, or the Fed rate cut ... the list goes on.

matt_garth and garrow like this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No, BTE is right on this one. The reason it took this long for a rate cut is they needed to ramp down inflation first. The two have an inverse relationship.

Now I doubt any of the sheep going “Boooooo!” knew that. It was just a chance to express “Media suck!”

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd lay folding money that if you surveyed MAGA if they'd prefer A) Harris elected, gas at $2 per gallon, groceries at 2019 prices and their favorite team to win the title OR B) Trump elected, gas at $4 per gallon, groceries at 2023 prices and their most hated rival to win the title, they would pick B by a considerable margin.

UNCGrad, Driftwood, Dyno and 3 others like this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

they super support real american union workers not the lesbian trans woke ones at starbucks amazon or the fake news

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Already seeing on teh Twitterez a few state Teamsters groups announcing their support for Harris.

matt_garth and garrow like this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The "arrogance" is not "they're voting against their interests."

It's assuming you KNOW what their interests are and how they rank them.

I mean, aren't progressives typically voting for policies that ostensibly will raise their taxes?

"Well, yes, but that's because the taxes will pay for MORE IMPORTANT things we should care about."

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It’s in everyone's best interest to have a representative democracy that doesn’t go brain dead four months from now. If that makes me arrogant, then let the rainwater collect in my upturned nostrils.

Driftwood, Fred siegle, Cosmo and 6 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted