1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 -- Winding your way down on Baker Street

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 17, 2024 at 12:29 PM.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I just want to see more Baker commercials with his hot-ass wife in them.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It would be an impressive story arc on Progressive about Baker trying to get home insurance in Florida, post-Hurricane Ian.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Three weeks in and nary a mention of Peter King. That guy disappeared like Boom.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He does "Let's Go" on SiriusXM with Jim Gray and Brady and Larry Fitzgerald on Mondays but that's not a panel I'm dying to catch.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

“Obviously, it’s odd and it’s different,” King reflected. “I’ve done basically the same thing for 40 years, and to not do that, it did feel odd. But I’m not in mourning. I’m not in any way regretting my decision, or anything like that. It’s a kind of new world for me, and we’ll see what happens. I really enjoyed the day, just watching football and not worrying about all the other stuff.”

Peter King's first NFL Sunday in retirement

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

For the old schools.

This is worth it for just the first 60 seconds:
    Charlie Jones welcoming us from watching the Bills game.
    The Murph.
    Powder Blue with white bolt helmets

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Huh. I was thinking it was late 90s-early 2000s before the Chargers brought back the light blue unis, which remain the best the NFL has ever had.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I did start to look for his column late morning on the Monday of Week 1 before I caught myself.

9. Situation

Situation Member

75th anniversary season when teams wore throwback unis for a few games.

dixiehack likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh God. I have a phobia of listening to awkward, directionless audio that made transcribing athletes and coaches my daily life a living hell for 15 years. That might put me in the fetal position.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If the offensive line isn't better, it won't matter who the Panthers put behind center.

Also, at the Dilworth Neighborhood Grill in Charlotte (where David Tepper went in after a sign he didn't like around draft time).

[​IMG]

Perfection.

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted