1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Who's gonna tell you when it's too late?
    Who's gonna tell you things aren't so great?

You can't go on thinking nothing's wrong
    Who's gonna drive this home tonight?

Who's gonna tell you the news isn't fake?
    Who's gonna come around when you break?

Who's gonna pick you up when you fall?
    Who's gonna pick it up when you call?
    Who's gonna pay attention to your tweets?
    Who's gonna listen when you scream?

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The latest polling trends* in our neighborhood in a state that’s so MAGA the dirt is red.

For weeks there have been two Trump flags flying and a yard with two Trump signs.

Yesterday one yard sprouted two “Veterans for Harris/Walz” signs.

While I was walking the dogger this morning, I saw a new Trump flag in another part of the neighborhood with an AI/cobbled image of Trump’s head on a Rambo body holding what looks like a fully automatic war weapon.

My wife wants to put a Harris/Walz sign with an artsy cat on it in our yard this weekend. I don’t really like political signs in our yard, but I can pretty much guarantee it will be there by Monday.

*margin of error +/- 93.4%

TigerVols and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Church is cool! They have snacks!

Seriously, the "crowds" at the rallies are not concerning. It's the money and the chatter streaming in the background we need to be watching.

edited to add: Trying to ctch up n thought I had.

Driftwood likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've seen more Harris/Walz signs in yards here than I saw Biden, Hillary or Obama signs in the past three elections before this. Often right next to a house festooned with a MAGA flag. I always wonder if those neighbors are friendly and helpful to each other. I hope they are.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

There's a stretch on a back road by our development that, in 2020, had six houses with Trump signs and one lone wolf with a Biden sign. This guy also had a Chevy Volt in the garage and a bank of solar panels along side the house so he is probably the closest thing we have to "woke" in northern York County. In the past two months, the usual suspects re-flagged while my boy's front yard hasn't had any sign of any kind. I was starting to worry. I'd seen this dude in his yard before and he was an older white guy soooooooooo ya never know, right?

Tuesday we drove by and he had a Bob Casey AND Harris/Walz sign in the yard. It's gotta be tough to do this when your next door and across the street neighbors have these Trump flags in your face.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't remember if I posted this Monday after it happened or not, but here is is again if so.

I was in the process of selling a piece of farm equipment to an older guy whom I'd never met. He asked, "Well, let me ask you. What do you think about this election?" I curtly responded, "I think I want to get back to a time when politics wasn't brought up in every part of our lives. I shouldn't even know the names of the governors of Florida or Texas or some random congress person from Georgia."
    He changed the subject real quick like.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’d like to as well but we’re not going back on that. Social media has changed everything.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You need this:

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m tired boss

https://www.salon.com/2024/09/19/an...er-conservative-community-rallied-around-her/

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

qtlaw likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Frankly, that's on the mark. It's no Californian's concern what "DeathSantis" is doing in Florida, and it's no Floridian's concern what "crazy marxist policies" Kimberly Guilfoyle's ex-husband is trumpeting in California. If the citizens of those states approve of their governor, that's that.

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Out of the big four OTM suburbs, Vestavia Hills is the most Republican and considered “new money.” Mountain Brook is old money and starting to inch towards a reddish-purple status. Homewood is the more eclectic free—spirited suburb (though becoming pricey as hell in the nice neighborhoods) and the closest to a 50-50 split. And Hoover is the jock town that envies Vestavia for being whiter and wealthier than it is. For a long time it kept up as the regional shopping hub, but the big mall and some older shopping centers are in decline, so they keep chasing the dragon with new power centers further and further out. The white people in Hoover are probably even more Republican than Vestavia, but the minority population is growing.

Draft saved Draft deleted