1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Just what we need in this world.:rolleyes:

I have stood with Israel ever since last Oct. 7, and defended its right to defend itself. Hamas was in the wrong; there was no doubt. And while Israel hasn't lost me with this attack, I agree with YMCA B-Baller in disagreeing with it. This doesn't feel to me like self-defense, or a response to a specific thing by Hamas. It's more terror for terror's sake, and that will not change or solve anything.

If anyone wants peace, or anything resembling a normal life amongst each other, the eye-for-an-eye tactics just do not work after a while. It needs to stop, and someone has to take the first step. Otherwise, all you get is what Spartan Squad said: Nowhere is safe.

For anyone.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2024
    Oggiedoggie likes this.
  2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Israel is gearing up for an invasion.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"But he gave us a great DEAL!!!!!"

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

No one's going to take the first step and stop. They've been fighting for thousands of years in some form or fashion. It won't end.

Even if they had a truce, a cease-fire, a settlement for a two-state setup and it seemed everything is copacetic, a group band of pissed-off someones would start causing shit again. Bombings, kidnappings, getting another group or country to help. It never will end until The End.

6. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

They have not been fighting for "thousands of years".

Read "A Peace To End All Peace" for some insight on how all this shit began.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

They get Iranian scientists whacked in Iran. They have informants in Gaza and the West Bank. They do not fuck around.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Correct. At its most basic, it’s generally the fault of British diplomatic incompetence during and immediately following WWI.

WWI is the single most important factor driving global politics today.

Edit: Let me caveat. WWI is the single most important factor INFLUENCING global politics today. Energy (and the prices it drives) is the single most important factor DRIVING global politics today.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2024
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I guess it's a good thing that a developed country didn't offshore all its cellphone technology to a hostile nation.

dixiehack, Michael_ Gee and Liut like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Remember how many "top" commanders we killed in Iraq and Afghanistan? Worked great, didn't it? Of course, many of our forces' claims were what we might call "good faith bullshit," the triumph of hope over evidence. If this guy shows up on whatever Tehran TV's version of "Dancing With the Stars" is, I won't be surprised.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

W and Rummy had quite a run of killing off a bunch of No. 2’s in Al-Qaeda.

Draft saved Draft deleted