1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2025 Pro Football Hall of Fame Class

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Aug 23, 2024.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I would make it a point to make Eli wait at least a year. Obviously he will go it - 4x pro bowl, 2 SB MVPs and Payton Award winner, but the stats are pedestrian.

Gates, Vinatieri, Kuechly, Torry Holt (7x ProBowl!), Marshawn Lynch.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Marshawn may get in at some point, but it certainly won't be first ballot.

I want to see who makes the next cut to 50 but I'm leaning towards Gates, Kuechly, Vinatieri, Jahri Evans and Jared Allen

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's about time ... I know the WR spot is crowded, but Torry Holt is due.

Not sure I see a better linebacker on the list than Luke Kuechly. The Panthers' other LB needs company in Canton.

Good to see that Ryan Kalil is on the list. Grossly under appreciated during his time in Charlotte ... and given the current line's struggles, he's missed even more these days.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They have a receiving problem.

Holt, Wayne and Gates were all finalists last year.

Fitzgerald and Witten are first-timers next year

Gronk is eligible the year after that. Antonio Brown is eligible for the 2027 class also and who knows what people will do with him.

Anquan Boldin didn't even make it to this point and he's ninth all-time in catches

If you assume the 10 returning finalists get that far again, and Eli, Vinatieri, Kuechley and Suggs do as well, there's only one other slot which I don't think will matter in the long run.

The first five cut were Eric Allen, Jahri Evans, Rodney Harrison, Fred Taylor and Reggie Wayne

Jared Allen, Willie Anderson, Antonio Gates, Torry Holt and Darren Woodson were the second cut.

So it makes sense they are the five that would be next. The problem is you can, and they will, argue that all four of those newcomers should go in now. So if they choose that route, there's basically no wiggle room for the holdovers.

And if you want to plan ahead, the next class has Brees, Rivers, Gore in addition to Fitzgerald and Witten

Draft saved Draft deleted