1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let’s all not care together: 2024 fantasy football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Aug 9, 2024.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft coming up at the end of August and I am 0.0 percent of the way through prep. Hoping to draft off everyone else’s heat. Picking sixth in what is now a 14-member league.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’m playing for my first annual inaugural never done it before time. Heaven help me.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. dixiehack

If you do nothing else, do as many mock drafts as spare time will allow. Hopefully you know your draft position and number of teams by now, so you’ll want to lock that in if possible on your simulation runs.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. TigerVols

Thank you for this, I probably wouldn’t have done any. Now I’m scheduling 5 in my calendar.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In the league I’m in, the draft order isn’t set until maybe an hour before the actual draft, so it makes it kinda hard to prepare.

On tbe other hand, it makes for some fun chaos.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Back in the day when I did fantasy, we had a meeting mid-summer to get draft picks and do the rule book. That morphed into doing the rulebook and then having the draft on the same night. It made for a long day.

Mock drafts were always fun.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Which of these players would you rather have?

Christian Watson, Courtland Sutton, Hollywood Brown

8. TigerVols

Sutton

da man likes this.
  9. dixiehack

Lamar Jackson to Mark Andrews

IMG_5976.jpeg

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can't fathom the level of dedication it takes to field a good FF team - between the injuries, the hidden injuries, the bye weeks etc. And with a 17-week season I would think most FF leagues have to go about three deep at each position. Nine receivers, six RBs, three QBs, at least two defenses and two kickers. I still don't care, but I just don't think its a decent use of your time.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Football is easy. You can spend 30 minutes a week monitoring your team and do OK.
    Baseball, basketball and hockey, where you have to keep track of all of that stuff AND set your roster every day; AND keep up with hot and cold streaks; AND keep up with prospects moving up to the majors, are way more difficult and demanding. The people who do dynasty baseball leagues where they're drafting minor league players for two and three years down the road are psychos.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Will consensus No. 1 overall draft pick Christian McCaffrey go down as history's greatest monster for fantasy football players?

Draft saved Draft deleted