1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ain't it? The man who gave us Sarah Palin as VP?

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Wasn't Robinson's story well known in GOP circles in NC? That's what I understand from reading from afar.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The NC GOP governor's primary race wasn't exactly filled with stellar candidates, but Robinson won with 65% of the vote. That, in itself, is an indictment of the state GOP and state GOP primary voters.

tapintoamerica, TowelWaver and garrow like this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

This also helps explain why North Carolina has a GOP Congressional supermajority, yet many of those Republican voters have split their ticket and put Democrat Roy Cooper in as governor.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Maybe not stupid (I heard he went to Yale Law), but spineless, clueless and opportunistic. Which doesn't make him a unicorn in Washington, I know.

6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

If he was ahead, they’d all still be there.

The biggest problem is losing. Not misogyny, racism or threats of violence. Losing.

Fred siegle, Webster and garrow like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Now that's leadership from the Speaker!

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You can always count on the GOP to nominate at least one freak who doesn't have a chance in a general. Like the witch and the "legitimate rape" guy.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Hope he counted the votes this time.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

And that has blown my mind for years.
    McRory got bounced the year Trump carried the state. Cooper got re-elected in 2020, and Trump carried the state. Tillis gets re-elected.
    I started seeing anti-Cooper signs in yards in the rural areas of southeast NC probably before he was inaugurated the first time.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What charts is Pfizer not making public regarding the Covid vaccine? There was a full-court press to get people to take it when they first came out.

Draft saved Draft deleted