1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 -- Winding your way down on Baker Street

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 17, 2024.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I didn't say she's the only problem. The entire show is an absolute shitshow. But she's certainly near the top since she's leading it.

Liut likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Samuel L Jackson did the impossible and made me almost like the Falcons.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If players were tanking games, shaving points in the NFL today, could you even tell?

misterbc and Liut like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That's a lot of guys legitimately injured.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I.E. Maria. Just like looking at those legs.
    I.E. this game ... have always loved the Chiefs all-white road unis.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Week 3 panic meter...
    Dolphins (1-2) -- Going nowhere if Tua is hurt. HIGH.
    Ravens (1-2) -- Somehow snuck out the win in Dallas but have Buffalo at home and Cincy away up next. MEDIUM.
    Browns (1-2) -- You just lost to the fucking Giants at home. BLAZING.
    Cowboys (1-2) -- Defense is a sieve. Next seven -- at Giants, at Steelers, vs. Lions, at Niners, at Falcons, vs. Eagles, vs. Texans. Season could completely unravel. BLAZING.
    Niners (1-2) -- Quite banged up but there's a get-right stretch coming with the Pats and Cards at home. LOW.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I just finished watching it and the Niners look like the classic overrated team, especially on D.

Purdy played fantastic. I understand a young player dropping one ball but Bell looks like he doesn't even know how to catch a ball, his hands are completely off.

But I'm most disappointed in the D, through 3 games, they look like they can't make a key play when needed. Of course making penalties instead of playing sound D is worse. Their D Line got whipped all day, especially in the middle, Hargrave and Collins could not shed a block on a running play. Add in awful special teams plays (beat on fake punt, beat on punt return).

I very much enjoyed the ride up the elevator to the near peak; thank you Niners but you've got to show more grit and less champagne slaps. (Is there anyway to get another Justin Smith??, that guy's grit is what is needed).

HanSenSE and Spartan Squad like this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dolphins already lost Tua, and Skylar Thompson (for better or worse) also went out in the second half with a chest injury. Third-stringer Tim Boyle finished the game. They signed Tyler Huntley off the Ravens' practice squad last week and he's had some moments here and there, so he might be the next man up for them. He's probably a better option than Thompson.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I still expect Tannehill to end up there. But Huntley would be a massive upgrade. That's how bad today's two quarterbacks were.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Bell catches that ball inside of 2 minutes that would have allowed the Niners to bleed clock and kick a field goal to win, this is a different calculation. But he had his hands together to catch it and it bounced off his hands. Just dumb.

qtlaw likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I thought after the punt with 50 something seconds that the defense just needed to hold for a brief bit and they would be fine. But first play 50-yard bomb and game over. That can’t happen.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Who is that weird-looking chick on the iPhone 16 commercial? She creeps me out.

Draft saved Draft deleted