1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 -- Winding your way down on Baker Street

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 17, 2024.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I was 50/50 on it.
    My kid was for taking the 3.
    I’d prolly leave it in my offenses hands more times than not than depending on my D to stop Mahomes.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, personally I don't think the QB is usually the best guy for that play. But one way or another, send one running back running straight up the center's ass with everybody piling on behind. Don't fuck around with a pitch or handoff five yards deep in the backfield when all you need is 12 inches.

SixToe likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So they're no worse off either way.
    There was four minutes left, they had all their timeouts, and it was fourth-and-5 from the 6. That's not a gimme that close to the goal line. Then the Chiefs needed to get three first downs to end the game, not one. Absolutely should have kicked the field goal there.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Another question: Why the hell wasn't Robinson on the field and getting the ball on the third down play? You have third-and-1 and you give it to your second-stringer?
    Maybe it didn't matter the way the Chiefs caved in the line, but it was still curious.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Super Bowl champs against a defense of mostly average rated players who played over their heads for a national TV game at home. Went about as expected.

exmediahack likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The fight made Tom Brady happy. He was cheering for a competitive game all day. He got it. Sort of. The league wanted a close game. It ensured it with stunningly absurd penalty calls late in the game.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Right?!?!
    That big forehead and alien look.

Every AI advertisement this year has been creepy or weird. Thinking of the AI letter by the kid to Syd McLaughlin Lavrone.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

If I watched that Atlanta offense for 17 weeks, I might open a vein. Twice in about 5 minutes they managed to shit the bed.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is it though?

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The first drive of the game, it looked so good. Nice rhythm. In and out of huddle. I know Cousins had the Achilles, but he’s so slow….and doesn’t have the arm strength to make up for it. He’s like a golfer. You can’t be short off the tee AND be crooked. Cousins can’t be glacial back there AND not able to throw the ball more than 30 yards downfield.

I Should Coco and exmediahack like this.
  11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Swing pass and hope the receiver can break a tackle.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The last 3rd down play, I was hoping against hope they would put either 6’6 Pitts or 6’4 London by themselves on one side of the field, Cousins takes 2 steps back and says “Here…..go make a play.”
    Did not like the Algiers run at all.
    Falcons will still make the playoffs…..they might even win that division.
    I don’t trust Carr to tell me that the sun is shining.
    The Bucs gave us a preview of who everyone thinks they are yesterday.
    And then there’s Carololina.

Draft saved Draft deleted