1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS leagues expanding - yeah?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So true. The identity of the schools is one problem. The number -- odd -- is also problematic from a travel perspective.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Got a feeling Nevada is going to be told fish or cut the cards.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If UNLV joins that would give the "New Pac-12" the top three highest rated non-P5 teams in Boise, UNLV and Wazzu. I do hope the conference starts scheduling some other G5 schools for non-cons, just so voters can assess the varying strengths of the leagues.

5. HanSenSE

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Actually, if you look at the AAC press release, it was Memphis, Tulane, South Florida, and UTSA they announced were staying.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Does UNLV have to go now because this got leaked? If I was the Mountain West, I'd tell them to pound sand.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

But if you're the Mountain West, you pretty much need UNLV to make it work and keep things together.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2024 at 12:43 PM
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m sure C-USA is keeping an eye on this as the Mountain West is likely to backfill with UTEP and New Mexico State, to the hearty cheers of travel budget planners back east.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

OTOH, the MW was able to keep it together for years whenever Boise State or San Diego State flirted with other conferences.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, but now those two are going to be gone. If UNLV leaves along with the other five, you're just about toast.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted