1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 -- Winding your way down on Baker Street

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 17, 2024.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A first-possession three-and-out doesn't help. They went down 14-0 after that. Then a FG followed by another Bills TD and then a Lawrence INT. He could have sustained drives.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That doesn't help, but they couldn't stop the Bills. The defense was the far bigger problem.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

NFL victories for Andy Dalton this season: 1

NFL victories for Joe Burrow this season: 0

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Looks like Chargers-Steelers could end up being very costly for both teams. The Chargers lost Herbert, Bosa, and both starting tackles during the game. I'm not sure what their status is for next week. They will be without Derwin James because he initiated yet another avoidable helmet-to-helmet hit.

The Steelers may have suffered some big losses, too. Outside linebacker Alex Highsmith left with a groin injury, but the bigger issue is at running back. Jaylen Warren was pulled from the game with a knee problem and had an MRI yesterday. Najee Harris was at the practice facility with his arm in a sling Monday.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Joey Bosa getting hurt is just a matter of "when", not "if". Like Cooper Kupp. Or Mike Trout. Or Anthony Rendon.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Somehow when I heard about Favre's (alleged) diagnosis just now my level of empathy was on empty, just as I felt with those pictured.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One would normally ask why someone would lie about something like Parkinson's, but......

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Favre says that he wants "guardrails" implemented to avoid the fraud that occurred with the company where the CEO absconded with millions of federal dollars.

Hey buddy, how about looking in the mirror and noting that no guardrails are needed for your fraud:

The lawsuit said Favre received over $1 million for speeches he did not give; he has since returned the money.
    Oh you returned the $$ when you got caught? How hard is it to notice that you've received $1M and you did nothing for it??

Draft saved Draft deleted