1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Magic Number time for the Tigers:

5 vs Royals, 4 vs Twins.

maumann likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Angels, give up three in the bottom of the eighth, and of course the White Sox win.

Light the Halo!

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

And Chicago fans boo because they were hoping to witness the record-setting loss.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They'll win out. Or at least win the next two.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Let me be the first to congratulate Padres fans for winning the division.

Dave Roberts said he’s managing this series like it’s the postseason. We know what that means for my Dodgers.

Songbird likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

There was a large crowd to see the historic loss, and it also was Dog night (appropriate). Earlier, the fans cheered when a popup landed between the Sox pitcher, catcher and first baseman.
    But in the eighth with the Angels up, 2-0, the Sox loaded the bases with two outs. Then, there was an inning-ending popup to the second baseman. But, he did a ballet dance under the ball and it dropped. Two runs tied the score. The next batter singled in the go-ahead run. Sox win 3-2.

MileHigh likes this.
  8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I could be entirely wrong here (no! not me!) but I feel like he's a candidate to be in trouble if the Padres flame out in the wild card round. Manny Machado still runs that team and still loafs it on every single batted ball and the only manager he's ever seemed to take seriously is Buck Showalter, who would walk across the country on hot coals to get one more shot with a real contender.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Someone needs to make a White Sox lowlights DVD and send it to every kid ball player in the country, as if to say, "See, the major leaguers make mistakes just like you do."

Liut and Typist Clerk like this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That has to be the first time in MLB history that ever happened.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2024 at 1:29 PM
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

KC winning
    Minny losing
    Seattle losing
    Good night
    I’m pretty sure I pooped my pants on Gallo’s foul ball. That thing was massacred. He was just a touch quick.

Draft saved Draft deleted