1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Trump has lost the popular vote in two elections by a combined 11 million votes. He will lose this election's popular vote by 4-5 million, in all probability. Americans don't like him, or what he is selling. Yet he is protected by the electoral college, which rewards candidates who get a minority of the vote.

Democrats have to make a Constitutional amendment to eliminate the electoral college a top priority.

I Should Coco, Driftwood and garrow like this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

And have it passed by which red states?

You can want something all you want, but that doesn’t mean it’ll happen.

Oh wait, I’m being a Chicken Little. Sorry. Carry on.

2muchcoffeeman and dixiehack like this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well, you've got to start with two-thirds of both houses of Congress to pass it first.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's gotta be like sports wagering, right? Trying to attract enough money to both sides?

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It just dawned on me that the Electoral College might be the biggest gerrymander ever.

I’m a little slow.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The Republicans say they are ok with immigration as long as they come here legally.

The Haitians in Springfield came here legally. What, exactly, is the problem?

HanSenSE and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Legal immigration is immigration by other white people. All the rest is illegal.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's a great point. I delete texts asking me who I'm voting for and never answer unfamiliar phone numbers. Nor do I take online polls or surveys from anyone or anything unless there's a free sandwich or something at the end (I never fail to take a Chick-fil-A survey if offered).

Driftwood likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

They were the band who made a political movement out of white racial resentment, economic anxiety, fear and celebrity. Led by their grotesque leader Donny, their songs would define a new era of politics. But behind the band's fearsome stage appearances questions lingered over whether the group was an overdone one-hit wonder....or something more sinister. This is the danger, psychosis and political rollercoaster ride that defined Donny and Co. This is MAGA. The story behind the music.

11. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

ftfy

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'd like to congratulate the Senate for filling a District court seat that had been vacant since late December 2019. And a big FU to Ron Johnson for making the wait this long.

franticscribe and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted