1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Padres clinch on game-ending triple play.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think the question that needs to be asked is how the clause was written. Did those 425 PAs need to be all for the Pittsburgh Pirates?

I mean, I would suspect that this scenario would have been considered ahead of time ...

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Oh Buck has a ton of energy left and he wants to shove it up the Mets' asses after he got screwed there. But he's not an easy guy to work with and doesn't tolerate fools, of which there are a ton in today's front offices. The perfect spot for him is the White Sox b/c he's a master of those hopeless rebuilds. The Rockies are more likely to bring Black back b/c he's a good solider and they're the only place where back-to-back 100-loss seasons could get you an extension.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Mets-Braves series with major playoff implications is turning into a nightmare scenario with the weather.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At least it wasn't an hourlong rain delay. / Phil Hughes

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Is there anything better in all the land than afternoon baseball?
    I just got home from work, cracked open a cold beer, flipped on MLB and SEA-HOU is in the 6th.
    I’m telling you. Before I shuffle off this planet, I’ll be at Wrigley for a Friday afternoon game. I don’t care who they play. I don’t care how good/bad they are.

Cosmo, Batman and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A couple of things.
    As a Royals fan, it’s real nice of Houston to bring up their AA squad to play today since their MLB squad was too hungover.
    Dicks.
    The Space City Home Network is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

EDIT: Is the weather that bad to force this? Just got off work so haven't been near a TV to check. Comments are variations of eff Manfred.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This perfectly symbolizes everything the Pirates have been for decades. This is what they will continue to be as long as Bob Nutting is the owner. They are classless. They are cheap. They are short-sighted and stupid. This is all of those things rolled into one shitburger of a decision. Even they know that it is classless and cheap, but I'm not sure they realize how short-sighted and stupid it is. Maybe Nutting knows and just doesn't give a damn. This is the sort of move that makes current players want out. It is the sort of move that makes potential free-agent signings want to stay far away. It is why they have to overpay to bring in or keep any free agent. They know the team won't win and they know the organization will not treat them well. They rely on signing scrubs like Tellez, who have few options that won't land them in the minors or out of the game.

I'm a loyal sports fan. I can't even imagine something that would make me turn on the Steelers or even the Penguins, but the Pirates managed to lose me. I simply cannot bring myself to are what the team does on the field and haven't since the early '90s. I'm surprised they have any fans left at all. I hope they lost quite a few with that decision. They should.

Gutter, Liut and Baron Scicluna like this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Good thing neither team played yesterday. Always forward-thinking and problem-solving that MLB

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Today is the 50th anniversary of the first Tommy John surgery. He was on D.P. today and was really good.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted