1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I see it like this, for easy math.
    Let's say a state has 10 EVs. A million people vote. Candidate A gets 600K votes, and Candidate B gets 400K. Well, Candidate A gets 6 EVs, and Candidate B gets 4.
    I don't know if it would mathematically change anything or not, but at least the 400K could feel like their voice and interest were heard.
    It's a whole lot better than Candidate A winning 500,001-499,999 and getting all 10 EVs.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

But have you ever been to you?

gingerbread, maumann and garrow like this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Lindsay was begging for money just before the 2020 election but won by like 10. If Cruz loses, there's a ton more worries for the R's come Nov. 5.

sgreenwell and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Driftwood

Many times, and I'm still not blind.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I hear you, which is why I think if it's at least broken down by congressional district, you probably get the same net result.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mayor Prime indicted tonight.

7. Twirling Time

This is what I'm referencing:

(Worst song of the 1980s BTW.)

gingerbread and maumann like this.
  8. Driftwood

I was well aware of exactly what you meant, but I never pass on a chance of making myself the punchline of my own sense of humor.

gingerbread likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I keep hoping for bad things to happen to Coach Prime, and this is the best you can do?

Sad!

Webster likes this.
  10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

11. Twirling Time

Wow. You knew it was coming, but still ... wow.

Does AOC jump into the race? If she doesn't win, she still has her House seat in an off year.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Guessing someone let AOC know in advance. (this was before the indictment dropped) A pretty huge political play on AOC's part unless she knew he was going to be caught in the web.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/aoc-calls-mayor-eric-adams-resign-amid-possible-democrat-corruption-probe

Most surprising thing is that Adams is the first sitting NY mayor indicted. I mean, there have been some real scumbags who have held that post. Can't wait to see the NY Post headline.

I thought the big complaint about Adams was he hadn't done much. Well, I guess he did something.

Pretty good summary of the various investigations that include the former NYPD commissioner, the School Superintendent, the Sheriff, and various top aides to Adams.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/news...er-phone-seizure-in-federal-corruption-probe/

Last edited: Sep 25, 2024 at 9:34 PM
Draft saved Draft deleted