1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WNBA thread… 28.5 ain’t your pay cut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Apr 15, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

By who? Perhaps Stephen A.

What's going to be interesting is what Clark does now for 6-7 months. Obviously, a break is coming for a bit. Then what? You know someone is gonna pitch her starting her own league with its own TV contract. It just might work, too.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Apparently there’s a new 3-on-3 league starting but she has turned them down. I expect we’ll see her doing some ESPN WCBB.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Most WNBA players play in leagues throughout the world during the off-season. Don't know where the paydays are now that Russia is off-limits.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Maybe. Not sure ESPN wants to hire her.

Fox/BTN perhaps.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Clark will have endorsement deals that most others don't.

But it's a top-heavy league. Going 4-17 against the top 5 teams will get old in a hurry.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That kind of thinking must be why Nike is just killing it these days. Oh, you mean they're not?

"Ohtani can't get a shoe because Paul Goldschmidt doesn't have one yet and people might talk."

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Discussing WNBA shoes deals is not something I would have ever expected.

Good for them.

franticscribe and sgreenwell like this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good. Girls might want sneakers modeled and worn by WNBA players.

There's room for people not named Michael Jordan.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I mean, its freaking Nike, just pull the schematics of a player who is done, whose contract is over and make them pink, or polka dots or whatever the hell girls like. How tough is it? Doesn't Nike still have that "Design a Shoe" Feature on their website? They probably will spend more time planning the commercial than it would take to design a shoe and get production going on it.

And for the record, the first Air Jordan's were released on April 1, 1985 of his rookie season. At that was 4o years ago - I'd like to think they could speed up the process. For both Aja and Clark.

franticscribe likes this.
  12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

So now we’re pissed that Caitlin Clark isn’t being marketed enough. Cool.

I look forward to the outrage in a few weeks when Clark is snubbed in the playoff MVP voting.

By the way, a hell of a lot goes into designing a signature shoe, and putting out a bad one at the start is a disaster. And creating a Clark shoe is not creating a shoe for girls. Hell, I have a pair of Sabrinas I wear all the time and I see NBA guys playing in them.

Draft saved Draft deleted