1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 4 -- Won't You Be My Nabers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 25, 2024 at 9:33 AM.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tim Boyle is their No. 3 quarterback, but they signed Tyler Huntley off the Ravens' practice squad Monday. He could end up starting.

If my option was Tim Boyle or some guy they just signed on Monday, I would be starting the new guy, too.

DanielSimpsonDay and Batman like this.
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Speaks more about gamblers.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Cowboys at Giants should be a decent Thursday nighter. Any NFC East rivalry game is a stopdown for me.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If Uncle Al is this contemptuous of a game, maybe he shouldn’t call it?

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Flag on every play. This has been a very tough watch. I’m with Al on this one.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Aubrey kid makes 60 yard FG look like extra points.

Batman likes this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The league should take the flag-happy white hats aside and say cut the shit. Nothing worse than a game that’s yellow all fucking night.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This one is not presenting the best argument to keep playing Thursday games.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There were four field goals of 60+ yards in the NFL during the 20th century. That was the 14th since the start of the 2021 season.

70 yards is probably the limit of what's physically possible. But if someone is going to do it, or break Justin Tucker's record, it'll be Brandon Aubrey. He already hit a 66-yarder in the preseason. Dude is a beast.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Greatest player in Birmingham Stallions history.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So I assume by the sideline apparel that they’ve started All Cancers Matter month early?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is the problem with simply “taking the points” Easiest way for a coach to avoid criticism because the old heads love it. Is the goal to stay close or win the game?

Draft saved Draft deleted