1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WNBA thread… 28.5 ain’t your pay cut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Apr 15, 2024.

Tags:
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do wonder what the name of a Clark shoe would be. And you are right, Steph Curry's shoes are dying on the vine and that dude is a baller. Insane that he can't sell shoes./

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The frightening thing is there are still entire segments of the sports marketing universe that think this way.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Maybe make them in the team colors of the player? Just a thought.

Liut likes this.
  4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

BTW, Shohei is hawking New Balance shoes. I don't think there is a Shohei line, but he does the commercials.
    Incidentally, I wore New Balance until a foot expert convinced me to switch to Brooks. From $50/pair to $150/pair, but worth it to my exceptionally awful feet.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If they think Christine Brennan is sabotaging the good name of women’s professional sports, I have troubling news for them about the rest of the journalism universe in comparison.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Rolled my eyes at first when I saw the WNBPA statement, but I have to say, Brennan earned this one. I wouldn’t talk to her after that either.

HanSenSE and PaperClip529 like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Why?

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think the initial question was phrased horribly. There are better options than “did you poke her in the eye on purpose?” The follow-up suggesting she’s lying because she was seen laughing later was absurd.

Clark was clear that the suggestion that it was intentionally was ridiculous.

If Brennan wants to carry water for racist online trolls, that’s up to her. I’m not going to feel bad for her when the players blow her off.

2muchcoffeeman and PaperClip529 like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don’t think she’s trying or even actually doing that. At all.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

I enjoy when SportsJournalists com has lost the plot.

The easiest way to dispel the narrative that it was intentional is ask Carrington about if it was and why she laughed afterwards. Would happen in any other sport in a similar situation.

The WNBA does not want real media coverage. Was apparent when they closed locker rooms.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted