1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

One more leaderless terrorist organization.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Nuance? By God we can’t have that!

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I don't know about that second point. For months, there has been the question of "is this (fill in the blank) going to expand the regional conflict?" None of it has.

The US Navy could bomb the shit out of the Houthis at a moments notice. Israel is showing it has something on Hezbollah. Iran knows it is fucked and I don't think they want to engage.

SixToe likes this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Iran is finally in the "find out" stage after several decades of fucking around.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

This is trying to find the right side to be on then claiming victory in three years.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

" Israel’s operation against Hezbollah has been a tactical success - they’ve wounded or killed the entire leadership structure in two weeks. - on the flip side, it should make you realize that the operation in Gaza could have been executed better, and with far fewer civilian casualties: if they have this level of intelligence on Hezbollah, they almost certainly have it on Hamas."

This has been my position on Gaza since before the IDF ever went in. By flattening the entire area, they're creating the next generation of terrorists.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I don't know how that is a logical certainty. Why would Israel fuck around in Gaza if it had the same info on Hamas?

Israel has been in Gaza for almost a year and it hasn't found all the prisoners. If it had the same intelligence on Hamas, things would be done.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Simple answer is Israel perceived Hez as the bigger threat all along and got blind-sided by Hamas.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

IDF: Missiles launched from Iran toward Israel

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jim Sciuto standing on the roof as fragments of Iranian missiles fall to the ground.

Israel is going to wipe the floor with Iran.

Draft saved Draft deleted