1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Caught up to Industry, finished Season 3, Ep. 7 last night. Wow is there a great deal of sex/cocaine/......more sex/cocaine in the show. The pace is what I look for in enjoyable shows. Its not a slow burn like say Slow Horses, its GOT or Succession on cocaine. The drugs don't bother me because I've seen that, it's real, but it bothers wifey who is not used to that culture.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Catching up on The Mayor of Kingstown. Big fan, love the grit, but one question. What exactly is Renner's job? Who pays his salary? He's not a lawyer right? I know he has an office, which he spends little time at. What exactly is the business?

And is the show run on commercial TV up north? Episodes are consistently under 40 minutes, which is pretty rare for a streaming drama.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

As hospital procedurals go, I really liked the first episode of Zachary Quinto's latest, "Brilliant Minds."

And Kaitlin Olson's "High Potential" is luring me in, too. Daniel Sunjata and Judy Reyes have been good in anything they've done, and we even have a Garret Dillahunt sighting!

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Re High Potential, the original French show, "Haut Potentiel Intellectuel" was really good if you do subtitles or speak French. I have yet to catch our version.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Sandman 2 drops April of next year. Kaos has been renewed. Yay for that! May dip back into The Bear. May try the new Marvel Agatha thing. TV has become a series of brain twinkies.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think he’s supposed to be a guy who works with families for people in prisons. He’s paid by those families. He (or his brother before him) has evolved into a Godfather role.

7. DanOregon

So it is one of those TV type jobs where you never see him doing the thing he gets paid money to do, to pay the rent and secretary etc, Ok. Just wasn't sure if he was under contract to the guards and police officer's unions as well.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

Doc couldn't save him. Yeah. Damn. That sucks. RIP.

10. DanOregon

Not a morning TV person, but love that Hoda Kotb told NBC to get lost and quit the Today show when they wanted to claw back some of her $20m salary. (Yeah, stunned me too, but she was on for 15 hours a week or whatever). Broadcast is going to cutting salaries across all divisions. Looks like the NFL color guy spike might have been the last big paydays.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Kind of seems like not enough to deal with Jenna Bush Hager five days a week.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not that I ever paid attention to the morning shows, but, she's still on the payroll?

Draft saved Draft deleted