1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I can't believe he gets laughs. His material is stale as fuck. Even if you like him you've heard it a thousand times already.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Even hack comedians come up with new routines every couple years. This guy is on his, what, eighth tour?

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Dude people still go and see Larry the Cable Guy and yell “git r done” like it’s 2006 so why are we surprised?

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What do you have against hearing "Hells Bells" every 15 minutes?

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The crowd is a mix of the members of his cult, who mindlessly laugh and cheer, horrible people who love the hateful shit Trump says, and normal folks who are likely afraid to piss off the other two groups.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I refuse to believe there are any “normal” folks in his crowds anymore. They are either Trump disciples or will be in short order.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Some of these people are our brethren.
    They are not nearly that discerning.
    They just like to laugh and chitter when the weak are ridiculed and mocked. Which is Trump's entire act.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Working the refs. Same strategy as Mike Krzyzewski and his family sitting nearby in the stands.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They get paid. That's why they leave when he starts speaking, they want to make sure the money doesn't run out.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is what I meant by the horrible people who like the hateful shit Trump says.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

oop, the reward center of the brain is the same that rewards cruelty. I hate the jargon bullshit (quiet part out loud and such) that has emerged from this era, but cruelty is the point really captures it.
    These are bullies who are pretty piss-poor at the sport. And the mind-bending thing is there's only about 20 of them in sum.
    The rest are followers.

Draft saved Draft deleted