1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Turkish Olympic shooting guy.

playthrough likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Jean Smart can eat crackers in my bed.

jr/shotglass and playthrough like this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, yes. There is that.

4. nietsroob17

Dana Carvey makes it 10 different impressionists for Joe Biden, dating back to Kevin Nealon.

I enjoyed Dana's take on "Sleepy Joe," though Jason Sudeikis' VP-era Joe is still the best.

SNL Archives | Impression | Joe Biden

sgreenwell and PaperClip529 like this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Bowen Yang is aggressively unfunny.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Just watched the replay, minus Jelly Roll. I think this is the most OK I’ve ever felt about pop culture passing me by. You kids have a great time, but I’m just gonna stay home and doze off to west coast football.

Very little struck me as funny although Spirit Halloween was somewhat amusing.

Two thoughts
    • Nothing has ever been more accurate than declaring CNN Presents as “The show specifically designed to be watched in your parents’ hospital room.”
    • When they went to the well multiple times attacking the N.C. Lt. Governor for thinking being black lets him get away with saying reprehensible shit, did it occur to anyone they were describing Michael Che’s career plan?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jelly Roll is the real deal - not sure he's "country" or whatever, but he's legit. (I like the songs below better). Thought Carvey's Biden was surprising good, "look, I mean, really, seriously, and I mean this..." but agree that the show seemed to look at Twitter check the hot hashtags and set sketches around them, whether the writers knew what the hashtages were about. The RHSF sketch at the end reminded me of the this (also below) Figured they'd use Mikey Day as Vance given his long list of playing douchebags. Yang is over exposed, 5 of the 6 sketches or something like that? Weekend Update had some solid jokes before the inevitable dress Yang up in a costume bit. Was that Smart's daughter on the first Jelly Roll intro?

New Mexico Delegation Roll Call | C-SPAN.org

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024 at 12:44 PM
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It's actually Laraine Newman's daughter, Hannah Einbinder. She co-stars in Hacks.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024 at 1:36 PM
    jr/shotglass and nietsroob17 like this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I thought that was one of the cooler moments of the show.

10. nietsroob17

Don't know much about her as an actress, but that would be cool to see her get a chance to host one day.

Off the top of my head, I think Abby Elliott is the only SNL legacy kid to be a cast member (as little of a legacy as Chris had)? And the Please Don't Destroy guys whose dads were writers.

11. nietsroob17

I'd be happy to never see Rob Schneider step into Studio 8H or into an Adam Sandler movie again

jr/shotglass likes this.
  12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I take great pleasure in knowing that Rob Schneider's child hates his guts and thinks he's an asshole.

Draft saved Draft deleted