1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He may or may not live four more years, but by 2028 Trump won’t be able to piece together back-to-back sentences in English. He might not be able to by this Hanukkah.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Backing up to something from a day or so ago, I travel regularly throughout the former Confederacy.
    I've seen more MAGA bullshit type signs/flags/stickers/billboards/etc. in Southwest Virginia and Western North Carolina than anywhere. What I've seen in other places is typical campaign signs, not cult declarations.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

A lot of the cult declarations in north central Florida, too. Actually noticing fewer in rural upstate South Carolina than in 2020, fwiw.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Was in brevard during Labor Day weekend and was surprised how much Trump stuff was there. I guess they have to battle those Asheville commies somehow.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I, too, am concerned about the number of Trump signs in NC. I'm seeing them, too.

I also wonder how many Harris supporters are literally afraid to put up a Harris sign. I ask, because, I'm one of them afraid to do so here.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. FileNotFound

I’m not afraid. I just don’t do signs. Never have.

The Trump merch thing is, for want of a better word, weird.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I pass a house (if you can call it that) on my way to the tennis courts with no less than eight flags hanging. Seven Trump, one 'Murica.

8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Part of it - a lot of it right now - is moving into a new-build neighborhood that, so far, only have 10 or so houses occupied. Also, I'm 48 and going to be older than a lot of the families here, which (already) will feature A LOT of military people. It's honestly a stay neutral early, don't immediately piss off people kind of thing when this is likely our last home.

Neutral Corner and franticscribe like this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Western NC = bunch of looney MAGA signs
    Eastern NC = more Robinson signs.

Nowhere did the two overlap.

FileNotFound likes this.
  10. FileNotFound

Totally fair. Your sign isn’t changing anyone’s mind anyway. Just go vote.

jr/shotglass, garrow and UNCGrad like this.
  11. FileNotFound

I saw some overlap last weekend along 276 near Brevard, but otherwise your experience matches mine.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hr and his minions didn't only fuck up the response through incompetence, a significant part of it was intentionally targeted.

That is, out of the millions-plus who died overall in COVID, some thousands died due to intentional action -- mass murder.

Draft saved Draft deleted