1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

More than 100 "missing" in Northeast Tennessee. That doesn't necessarily that they've been washed away, just that they are currently unaccounted for.

2. Driftwood

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess it counts as a "named storm," but jeez. Joyce's heart just isn't in it.

Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 9.20.32 PM.png

Batman likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

This is mind boggling.

Liut and Batman like this.
  6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Man we ain't afraid of a little bit of rain 'round here. We thought on it and we prayed. All of these people standing on their roofs need a distraction anyways and we wanted to provide that," - Dabo probably

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Playing a football game after a hurricane is one thing. Playing a football game DURING a hurricane (well, on the outskirts of one) is another.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Call Brian Kelly -- bring in the tower, get that on film.

franticscribe likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. Driftwood

I'm a little raw at all the national attention on Western NC (well deserved) and not a lot on East Tennessee despite the fact that everybody loves videos of bridges washing out and dams nearly failing both less than 10 miles from my house.

OK, that having been said... I'm about to go to bed in Eastern NC because where I woke up this morning in East Tennessee won't have water for another week. I sat at a beach bar this evening listening to people give their hot takes about what has happened. I just said, "However bad you think it is, trust me, it's worse."

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024 at 8:59 PM
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If I'm in a hurricane zone looking to get the hell out, I go west, not east.

Draft saved Draft deleted