1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Braun with a dive outside from the TOP ROPE?!?!?

My condolences to the families of those "security guards."

2. nietsroob17

Should've realized there were no LED boards around the ring, but it wasn't quite as impressive as the other ring collapses.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I did like the finish with Seth coming from out of nowhere. After the ring spot, I was expecting a double 10 count to set up a rematch this weekend.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Not hitting Seth’s music made the crowd reaction carry that moment in a really fun way. Just another A for HHH’s new production team

Baron Scicluna, Oz and Batman like this.
  5. nietsroob17

This is certainly a stipulation. Title for title, but only for 20 minutes.

FB_IMG_1727753775540.jpg

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wish they did this more often. If someone is going to do a run-in, no one should be ready with the music. Let it be a surprise. We’ll get whoever’s music on next week’s show, and the show after that, and the show after that.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Precisely. It’s supposed to be an “unplanned” surprise that someone is running in. If they’re coming out with their music, why doesn’t the music guy just warn the in-ring wrestler beforehand that he has his attacker’s music cued up?

Oz and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. nietsroob17

Cash Wheeler is one of the handful of wrestlers from around the Asheville area, and I'm glad he's gotten traction from his fundraiser.

Tony Khan, Chris Jericho, Nick Jackson, Bayley, Roderick Strong, Michael Hayes and MJF to name a few

Donate to Hurricane Helene Relief: Western North Carolina, organized by Daniel Wheeler

Haven't seen any updates from Adam and Beth (Phoenix) Copeland, who lived in the hills over Asheville. Hoping against the worst for them.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This sucks. Never a good time for injuries, but especially not when you're starting to get a legitimate push in the big leagues.

10. nietsroob17

Perfect spot to debut NXT on CW. This Chicago crowd his white-hot from the start -- like an old-school Takeover.

11. nietsroob17

Wow. They had Giulia lose her true debut match (no offense, Chelsea) in WWE? Interference, yes, but that's a shock.

12. nietsroob17

I'll be going to Bad Blood on Saturday. After all these TV broadcasts, I half expect everything in the arena to go silent every time there's a "holy shit" chant.

Baron Scicluna and JimmyHoward33 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted