1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Millions of people are. There are days when I hear of someone in this country dying and wonder if they are being spared the horrors to come. Worse, I suspect my father might have been all in for Trump as his mother was. It's depressing to contemplate, but yes, this is more than a middling sized set of outliers.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024 at 1:55 AM
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

As I posted Sunday, at no other time in Montana's political history would Sheehy have a snowball's chance against Tester. But we live in ridiculous political times.

garrow and franticscribe like this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Pure ownage; schooled.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

What I love about my neighborhood is that numerous people – my uncle being one of them – has a Harris sign up.

There are a bunch of Harris signs up. Two of the neighbors have signs for Harris and Josh Stein, who should be what's left of Mark Robinson. One has a multitude of signs up, including one trying to help defeat Michele Morrow, the GOP candidate for North Carolina Superintendent for Public Instruction. Morrow openly advocated for someone quite high profile who is not conservative to be executed on live TV. She's every bit as crazy as Robinson and SPC. And she's thisclose to overseeing public education in this state. Comforting thought, eh?

Anyway, this neighborhood – which is not in the middle of a major metropolitan area – isn't exactly holding back. Though the difference is no one is promoting guns or violence here. Amazing how that works.

qtlaw and franticscribe like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The naked truth

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

cbs asking elise stefanik for het perspectives for tonight's high stakes debate here on cbs

7. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Elise Stefanik, Republican firebrand™!

garrow likes this.
  8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

My one true hope for today is that JD Vance does something embarrassing tonight that everyone has to talk about. A guy can dream.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My one true hope is that this longshoreman strike doesn’t wreck the economy and two months of momentum to give us Trump Unchained.

A bigger hope is that we quickly and drastically ramp up Helene response, but that’s more of a wish than a belief it will happen. If we ever were a country that could handle multiple crisis zones simultaneously, we certainly are not that country now. Too much of the help we need has been hollowed out for too long. And because those effects aren’t always plain to see when they happen, cynics point to whoever is left holding the bag and complain they aren’t snapping their fingers to get it all done.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

BitterYoungMatador2 and garrow like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Well, it may be anatomically correct in his mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted