1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. John Amos

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Shelbyville Manhattan, Oct 1, 2024 at 2:33 PM.

1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

RIP, Adm. Fitzwallace.

HanSenSE, Chef2, swingline and 8 others like this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

One bad ass dude. Played football at Colorado State and wasn't afraid to tell a director to shove it.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

First James Earl Jones and now John Amos. Aresenio Hall needs to be on high alert.

Webster likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Damn, damn, damn. RIP

One of my favorite underrated movie scenes is in Coming To America when King Jaffe insults Lisa, causing her to leave the house, and Cleo refuses Jaffe’s multimillion dollar bribes and threatens to throw him out of the house.

DanOregon, garrow, outofplace and 3 others like this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought that he got killed in a car accident in Mississippi

Liut likes this.
  7. Webster

Rough few months for the cast of Roots — James Earl Jones, Lou Gossett, OJ and now Amos

8. Webster

Eriq LaSalle is in a bunker somewhere.

garrow and franticscribe like this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I swore John Amos died a couple years ago. Now I'm worried I'm watching too many West Wing reruns and am just still sad about the bombing.

outofplace likes this.
  12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Godspeed to James (Henry) Evans, Cleo McDowell, Adm. Percy Fitzwallace, Coach Sam Archer, Kansas City Mack, (older) Kunta Kinte, Gordie Howard, Ernie Cumberbatch, Fred Wilkes, Mayor Ethan Baker, and countless others.

Godspeed to an actor who, ever since I saw him in reruns of "Good Times," added a little more class and integrity to anything he was in regardless of the project's overall quality.

(Damn man, is the Grim Reaper real short of his quota at the deadline this week?)

Draft saved Draft deleted