1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hoda was crucial in stabilizing that show in the aftermath of the allegations against Matt Lauer. She has far more personality than Savannah but also has enough gravitas on the serious news stories.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. She's ditzy like Kathie Lee, but JBH doesn't have any of the... something, that made Kathie Lee an interesting presence on TV at times. With a couple glasses of rose, she was comfortable with pretty much anyone.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The satellite wars are over, with DirecTV emerging as the winner ... or maybe just the last loser. Bought Dish Network from EchoStar for a buck but agrees to assume Dish's billions of dollars in debt. Meanwhile, a private equity firm has purchased AT&T's 70-percent share of DirecTV. The combined firm would have about 20 million subscribers, which is about what DirecTV had when AT&T bought it.

https://us.cnn.com/2024/09/30/media/directv-dish-network-merger/index.html

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That sucks. That show was a fun (but was easy to bail from) watch. He seemed like a cool dude and his back-and-forth with his partner was entertaining.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So I was convinced "Dr. Odyssey" on ABC had some hidden, darker motivation at play - nope just an overqualified doctor with a very good looking support staff and a way too big and sophisticated medical suite on a cruise ship. It makes Royal Pains look like Downton Abbey.

garrow likes this.
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

it's 9-1-1 on a ship

garrow likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, even better. The closing scene on the first episode was a clean rip-off of "Fantasy Island."

We may or may not watch a second.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Even 8-year-old me wondered how that loser doctor on the Love Boat got any action.

garrow likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I noticed they are clearly not using a Disney-like cruise ship. Seriously, no red flags with the doctor sleeping with his staff on the first episode?

Draft saved Draft deleted