1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

McCain was the last GOP POTUS vote I cast. I'd do it again today. I would have voted for his corpse in the GOP primary. I don't think Palin cost him the election. She certainly didn't help him, but I think Obama was going to win regardless.

SixToe and sgreenwell like this.
  2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Arguing with polls is kinda pointless. But I don't think Harris is only 4 points down with male voters.... and only about ten up with women.

jr/shotglass and sgreenwell like this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was kind of my thinking at the time as well. I'm not sure if they did it consciously or not, but they needed to make a splash with the VP pick because of the position they were in at the time. From the RCP link that Alma shared a couple pages back, there are roughly 300 polling results, covering from November 2007 to November 2008. McCain got 50+ percent in two of them. They took the chance with Palin because they needed to.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The same “don’t worry about it, this ain’t ever gonna happen” was said about SCOTUS and Roe V Wade

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The tastemakers in the GOP fell in love with her with minimal vetting and she was an absolute sensation with the convention speech. But she clearly wasn’t ready for the spotlight and decided to do and say what she wanted because she knew that she was on a losing ticket and that this was her chance to set herself up for the future.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

7. Della9250

8. Della9250

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Whomp whomp.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn he forgot the grandpa reading glasses, otherwise he would've been a perfect McGwire impression, "I'm not here to talk about the past...."

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

SSDD

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted