1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I’ve got one, too. Four of us - juniors in high school - were eating dinner at a McDonald’s in northern Virginia. There were four older rednecks at a nearby table being rowdy. One of our group said something under his breath about their behavior. Of course they overheard him. Then came the threats. We decided to get out of dodge and they chased us in their car. Caught up to us at an intersection. Driver gets out and confronts our driver. Reaches his hand in the car and tries to grab my friend’s throat. Gets his arm pinned when my friend rolls up the window. Stomps back toward his car and decides to kick our car’s bumper. My friend didn’t take too kindly to his immaculate 66 Chevelle (it was a beaut) being kicked. So he puts the car in reverse and runs over the redneck’s foot. End of story and it’s still satisfying 49 years later. Then there’s the time he blew past an unmarked highway patrol car doing 120 …

2. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

This may be a partial reason why.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I think that's a huge reason why. And, while I'm very much pro-union/worker, a supply chain disruption after the hurricane when people are in need would be a terrible look.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Magnetic mattress? What kind of snake oil is that?

TowelWaver likes this.
  5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

NY Times: How this is bad for Kamala Harris

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Who's better at managing the economy? The same guy who KNOWINGLY tried to steal the election? Or the administration that just got the economy to resume normal operations?

UNCGrad and garrow like this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Maybe someday the myth that republicans are better on the economy will finally be exposed and people will wake up. I'm not hopeful on that.

qtlaw likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's been exposed, with dates and figures and bar graphs. The knotheads stuff their fingers in their ears and yell "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR TOU".

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The guy who lived across the street from my parents would always pull his trash cans out to the curb the night before trash day. He kept having problems with kids in cars swerving over and clipping them, punting them into his yard and strewing garbage all over. He kept moving them further and further from the edge of the road (no concrete curb), and they'd cut ten feet deep into the grass and do it again. He finally got really mad, and took an old battered steel trash can and filled it with bricks and concrete blocks and set it out in his driveway, a good fifteen to twenty feet from the edge of the road. Middle of the night, BLAM! Some kid in his new Camaro had about torn the front end off of his car hitting it.

The kicker was when his dad showed up the next day to raise hell about it. Bill showed him where the can had been sitting and showed him a polaroid to prove it, and suggested that he should take his problem up with his son. It was fabulous.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He's almost there.....

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Maybe when Democrats acknowledge that Kennedy and Clinton had conservative economic policies that fueled growth.

The dichotomy of political parties doesn't explain specific positions.

Liut likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Anybody in the last quarter century?

Draft saved Draft deleted