1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024 at 7:49 AM.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Put your money on the Mets to win the NL. Every team to eliminate the Brewers in the postseason has gone onto the World Series.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I denounce myself. Attaway, Pete. Hoo Boy.

What a series.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm sure there'll be analysis but I'm not sure what the Brewers can do there. All-Star goes oppo off your closer in the ninth inning. I'm not even sure if that pitch was bad.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Oh this is weird

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Krukow and Kuiper should go in together, you really can't separate them, Figured some of these were already in, Skip Caray? Ernie Sr? Figure they'll give it to Sterling now that he's thrown in the towel. He is pretty awful though. Only in New York.

qtlaw likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Sterling is an abortion. He can’t call the basics of a game and only is liked because of his devotion to the cult of the Yankees.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Pete Alonso with giant big fucking brass balls. Holy fuck.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Rene Cardenas is a wonderful gentleman. But I can't tell you much about the broadcast style of a Spanish language radio announcer. He was Jaime Jarrin's partner with the Dodgers. I have no idea of his qualifications for this award, but he certainly had longevity in his trade and and deserves any accolades he receives.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That is an incredibly crazy stat

Gutter likes this.
  10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Brewers lost the ’81 AL division series to the Yankees, who lost to the Dodgers in the World Series.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That doesn’t change what he said

Gutter likes this.
  12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

And as always, he had to go and remind everyone of what an egomaniac he is by shoving his fill-ins out of the booth to come out of a Clemens-esque retirement for the playoff run. Not that either of those guys are going to get the gig F/T but still. Jerkass move.

Draft saved Draft deleted