1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5 -- They know me and Jayden Daniels got a history

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2024 at 8:46 PM.

1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Same here.

swingline likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I denounce ourselves.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I quit Al/Herbie mid 3. Those two have mailed it in. I love Al, but enough.
    Listened to the rest on radio with Durham/Archer.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Was listening on the radio and figured the game was over after the pick. Would have been over except for the fumble, then the holding call on the first down run...Guessing many Falcons fans thought so too by the empty seats shown on the game-tying kick at the end.
    Other thoughts - I don't know if Al is disinterested or just doesn't have the juice anymore.
    Love the yellow/gold trim on the Falcons helmet stripe - it's barely there, but really makes the entire helmet pop.
    Totally dig the open credits for both the TNF pre-game and the game broadcast.
    Really not a fan of stadiums flashing the lights off and on after scores. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Whatever zing the flashing lights may have had is gone because everyone does it. It's lost what uniqueness it had.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The flashing lights are turrrrible. Which team/stadium started that abomination?

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Somebody with a shutdown closer, I'm betting.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize the LED lighting saves on energy, so that's good, but the ability to shut them off an on is irritating. I'm guessing one lawsuit by an epileptic who seizures from watching a game on TV or in person will end the practice.

And yeah, being an "old-timer" - there was something cool about a baseball game stopped due to a power outage or wahtever, and waiting for the lights to come back on and get bright enough to restart the game.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Somebody is going to fall out of an upper deck with the lights flashing at some point and some family is going to own a franchise.

And I’m pretty sure any small print language on the back of the ticket won’t be good enough to cover their liability for flicking the light on and off like my five-year-old.

It’s dumb, unsafe and would make me nervous to take an elderly parent or small child to a game where it happens. Lights are there for a reason.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Falcons getting to the line and spiking that thing in three seconds was a thing of beauty.

dixiehack, DanOregon and Batman like this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'll be charitable and say it is in these defensive guys' DNA to intercept the ball on fourth down. But damn, that fourth quarter Buc interception was a terrible decision. By even picking it and running with it, he was taking a chance (they had just lost a fumble). As it was, if he bats down the 4th down pass, the Bucs get the ball at the 20. They can kneel three times and kick a 42 yard field goal.

Good lord, the decision making was horrendous.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

So, not the Brewers. /toosoon

Draft saved Draft deleted