1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5 -- They know me and Jayden Daniels got a history

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2024 at 8:46 PM.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The flashing lights suck. Had it in my high school game last night. Then they completely shut them off and turned on some red ones between the third and fourth quarters.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The holding penalty on the Bucs was the biggest play of the game. It didn’t merely cost them 10 yards; it stopped the clock, saving the Falcons a time out.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Honestly, the first I can remember it (as you might expect) was the O's flashing lights for Bautista's entrances last year. I guess it only seems like 14 years ago.

#crossthread

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

More the lost 10 yards and not the timeout. Had there not been a penalty, Atlanta would have used the timeout there instead of the next play. In essence, it was no play, save the lost 10 yards.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

"Disinterested" does not mean "uninterested." It means "impartial." So Al should be disinterested, but he comes across as uninterested.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think I first saw it on a SEC football game, of course.
    I know the Giants were making a fuss over it at the start of the year as Camillo Doval's entrance, but we all know that did not end well.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

You'd think some TV people would step up to get rid of the light show. They're focused on an end zone celebration, suddenly the lights go out and those watching on TV are left in the dark, they have no idea what's going on.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Cal Ripken Jr. approves.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It was the Falcons and the Bucs. He should’ve been uninterested.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Now this is a good fucking post.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Article in The Athletic puts viewers for Red Zone channel at one million.

That sounds incredibly low to me.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think I've read that photographers hate it, because it's impossible to get pictures of touchdown celebrations when the lights are strobing.

Draft saved Draft deleted