1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 4, 2024 at 4:45 PM
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I too have done some of my best work at jobs during my two-week notice period.

garrow and dixiehack like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Took the day off to take my youngest on his pre-K class' annual field trip to a farm/pumpkin patch themed theme park.

Getting there had me driving to the other side of the Triangle in morning rush hour, so the Google Map took us on a nice country drive through rural Granville and Franklin counties. The return trip in the early afternoon had us coming back through the Wake County suburbs on Raleigh's northside. About a 50 minute drive both ways.

Both areas are places with a lot of traditional GOP voters and we are 32 days out from the election. On the way there - in the sticks - I saw some Trump signs/flags along the roads, no Mark Robinson stuff and a smattering of signs for Republicans running for local offices or other statewide positions. On the way back - through the 'burbs - I saw very little.

It struck me how different that same drive was in 2016 and 2020 when I went with my other kids. I didn't see much Harris stuff either, not that I'd expect much in those places.

What I really started wondering though is if there isn't just an immense fatigue happening with people and politics. I'm really curious what turnout will look like.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2024 at 5:25 PM
    garrow, HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1. Fatfuck ordered, or at least approved, the fake assassination attempt

2. Corey Comperatore was killed as a result of the fake assassination attempt. His death is some legal variation of murder or manslaughter.

3. Anyone who ordered, approved or participated in the fake assassination attempt is complicit to some degree in the death.

ChrisLong and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I think you are familiar with Topsail Island. I'm in Surf City. There are a few campaign signs - but not many, one way or the other. I drove through Topsail Beach this morning to go fishing, and as soon as I hit the town limits, it was an explosion of campaign signs and banners. It was probably 55/45 Trump. But the difference in the number of signs in a matter of miles was staggering. I was riding along enjoying my coffee thinking, "WTFs wrong with you people?"
    The best I saw was just a swoosh of orange hair, a long red tie, and the word NOPE!

maumann and franticscribe like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Eager for the Trumpist economists’ takes here.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I'll give Vance a small point of credit for making a stop at The Varsity after his stump speech today (at least, it's new location outside Rome, GA), but he still makes himself look like a doofus with how he wears the requisite paper hat.

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

He's wearing it like it was a yarmulke. WHAT'LL YA HAVE ... this Rosh Hashanah.

Oh, and the first "HE'LL FIGHT FOR US!" piece of junk mail with Trump's defiant fake blood photo today.

If he got shot in the ear, why is the blood coming out of both sides of his mouth? It's possible it trickled down while he was bent over, hit his lip and came out the other side. But it doesn't even have the right color or texture if you really look closely.

Ah, well. Ain't going to change anyone's mind here in Trumpville, U.S.A.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted