1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

He's running against Klobuchar right? So he's going to lose by 22 points and claim a rigged election?

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Exactly.

3. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Musk is outright lying now. Some jackass is going to show up to try and clear these rumored blockades and someone's going to get hurt or killed.

If Harris wins, something needs to happen with Twitter.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really have no problem with the FCC having oversight of companies that curate, or manage third-party content and also produce their own.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9 minutes > 8 seconds?

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Are you saying what Musk posts is produced by Twitter/X?

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The same ticket split that occurred in 2016 and 2020.

I went to a rural high school for an assignment, and saw a lot of the same signs you described on the way out there past subdivisions.

The same people will vote for you-know-who to save us with his healthcare concepts and mass deportations ... but those same people considered Pat McCrory, Dan Forest and now Mark Robinson a bridge too far.

We know why with McCrory ... it's not that they didn't like the Bathroom Bill, but didn't like that the state missed out on billions of dollars when businesses got a whiff of McCrory's foul stench and went with other options. About all I know about Forest is that a friend and former colleague of mine staffed one his events leading up the last gubernatorial election and called the candidate an idiot. And the number of people loudly running and screaming as they attempt to distance themselves from Robinson make this look like 3-for-3.

What I wonder is how many were backing Michele Morrow, who is about as disgusting and subhuman as SPC?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Twitter is free speech. The government needs to leave it alone unless it is publishing threats. (And I mean the real kind, i.e. “an avowed present determination or intent to injure presently or in the future,” as the feds so nicely put it.

Now what does need to happen is a declaration that Elon Musk and his companies are too big a security risk for them to be awarded government contracts in any capacity. If Starlink is determined to be too crucial to give up, nationalize it and stroke him a check. He’ll just turn around and blow it on his online money inferno anyway in the name of owning the libs.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Free speech or inciting? Knowingly and maliciously publishing false information isn't covered - particularly if it leads to violence.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

From what I’ve been told by those in a position to know, you can get disturbingly close to the line and still not have a case stick against you.

11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

I mean, some of the language being used on Twitter regarding the hurricane cleanup is damn close to yelling fire in a crowded theater. In all honesty, it's being done in a similar fashion as the lead-up to January 6.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think the kids might be calling it “stroke him a check” these days.

Draft saved Draft deleted