1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024 at 7:49 AM.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So the Royals tag the base-stealer twice and he’s safe? The fix is in. I console myself by realizing that if the Orioles had scored a couple runs and had won the preliminaries, they’d be the ones getting screwed.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

First tag legit.
    He missed second tag.
    I have no earthly idea how they didn’t overturn that.

3. tapintoamerica

MLB is scared that the Royals have scored 5 runs. The game is too close for comfort.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Ohtani. My word.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

LOL Dodger pitching #BeatLA

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

We have reached the stage of the MLB fixing things.

7. tapintoamerica

We reached that in or about the 7th inning in the Yankees-Royals game.

8. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

it’s just typical load management. Bibee has already thrown 40 more innings than he’s ever thrown at any level. And he’s going to need to throw 25 or 30 more if they get where they want to go.

On top of that, it allowed Smith to come in during the middle of an inning, which he is more likely to do than any of their other relievers. Yes, one more out and Bibee could’ve gotten the win, but I don’t think that’s something they’re really worried about right now.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's not about the win. It's about yanking a guy when he is pitching well and doing it in the middle of an inning.

10. tapintoamerica

I think managers now have no issues with removing a guy after 4 2/3 innings. This year, there were a record 237 starts with exactly 4 2/3 IP. A decade ago: 104.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think half of that total was STL.

12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Just erring on the side of caution. They won the game; that’s all that matters.

Draft saved Draft deleted