1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024 at 7:49 AM.

1. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

The fact that the propeller heads have completely and correctly turned wins by pitchers into a meaningless statistic has made doing this a lot easier.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

As little as the traditional stats mean to us, they absolutely mean everything to the players.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I swear when I saw this, I thought to myself it's going to be hilarious when Bryce, the closest thing MLB has to LeBron, makes sure this piece is written about him and then loses in the first round. Two losses to go!

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Cliff Pennington for the Blue Jays in 2015 and Austin Romine for the Yankees in 2018...when Brock Holt completed the only cycle in playoff history by hitting a Yankee Stadium cheapie down the right field line off Romine. Still counts!

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Love conspiracies

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why is your focus on it being middle of an inning?

they had a plan, stuck with it and it worked out.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It seemed like it was getting a little too cute to me, but hey, they got the win.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There’s nothing cute about Cade Smith. It’s not even a question for people in Cleveland. You bring him in at the first scent of trouble in the highest point if leverage in the game, snuff out any hope of an opponent. It’s how a team projected to win 80 games won 92 games and is two wins from the ALCS.

The game is already six innings long for the Guardians. With a lead Cade Smith can make it four and two-thirds innings.

Cleveland might lose this series, but it won’t be because it pulls its starters too early. Against Skubal, that hook might come in the first or second inning for Boyd if two guys get on.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2024 at 7:04 AM
    Liut likes this.
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

The only reason I was watching was due to the opponent.

Draft saved Draft deleted