1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

There is a very similar one with a girl talking about transgender males playing volleyball and woke in NC. It's for a state-wide office - AG or something - but I've turned out the details.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

she said she got 40 mins with Kamala and asked Trump and he declined

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Settle down.
    I am less optimistic because undoubtedly she is within the margin of error of all polls, whether she’s ahead or behind. I was hoping and somewhat expecting she would be moving ahead and outside the margins by now, and clearly since the last “assassination attempt” the race has gotten closer.
    I am cognizant of the fact Trump ALWAYS outperforms polls. I am hopeful that the Dodd-driven voters will overcome that reality.
    I still expect when the dust settles, Harris will be sworn in on Jan. 20.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Most of these fuckers of course fought Title IX every step of the way and would be gleefully happy if all girls sports were shut down completely, and the money diverted back to footbawwl.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No that's what Team Fatfuck did with COVID

EAIAC

7. Della9250

Also of note on that Colbert appearance -- he was scheduled to be off the whole week. Obviously being in New York for that media blitz She was not wanting to make a return trip and they weren't going to say no or let Fallon or Myers have her instead

8. Della9250

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Among the many depressing things about the tidal wave of money campaigns spend now is that it has become feasible for them to buy nationwide ads for any game a given state’s voters have even a tangential interest in. I shouldn’t be seeing spots for senate in Texas or a ballot initiative in California from my couch in Birmingham on a Saturday football binge. People are starting to pray for more showings of the toenail fungus commercial instead.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I've seen two or three variations on this one for Cruz vs. Allred. I'm obviously biased, but I just don't think the culture war obsession is as effective as what Allred is advertising in contrast.

Text of the ad available here.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The people most affected by Helene are the same people who will buy into right-wing lies whole heartedly. It's gotten to the point where podunk county GOP elected officials and local EMA folks having to go on the news to say it isn't true, but the rubes still buy into the narrative. A guy I work with said he about lost it on people who were parroting the lies at church Sunday morning.

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

It's a cult.

UNCGrad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted