1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Remember her crying in November 2016 because she couldn't believe what was happening

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

why won't she save the kobayashi maru

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So she’s spending every on-air moment she has left trying to overcompensate.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

One election night, it was just me and a photographer from a sister paper as the media contingent. We were both on a first-name basis with the candidate. The guy was a slam-dunk to win, so after an hour or so, knowing what we needed, gave me a few quotes and ordered the balloons dropped. We went back to our offices happy and, yes, he did win.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bullshit on that. More like two generations.

Think of how long we've had to deal with Clarence even before he and his blushing bride got MAGA-pilled. He'll stick around into his mid-90s with his Cadillac health care.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He's been on the court since I was a sophomore in high school.....and I am 47.

Any vacancies in a Harris administration occuring with a GOP senate will not be filled.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If Trump wins, this is your Oligarch in Chief.

8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

So, this Elon/Tucker video thing is weird. Is Elon gonna be indicted on something?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

At my first paper, a small-town weekly in the mid90s, I had to cover the local town elections, and write my story that night as I had to bring the file on the floppy disc over to our main office the next morning to put the paper out.

So I watched the inspectors count the results, then, around 10 p.m.-ish, went to my office and called a couple of winners who weren’t at the town hall. I still remember calling this one winning candidate:

“Hi, this is Baron from the Bumfuck Express. I’m calling to get your reaction to the election.”

“Uh, what? The election?”

“Yes, the election. You were running for Town Dog Catcher. I’m calling to get your reaction to your election win.”

“My … win? You mean I won?”

“Um, yes, you won. Can I get your reaction?”

“Um, I guess I’m honored to serve. Sorry I can’t give you any more. I’m a farmer and I was asleep when you called …”

10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

They will say that gay marriage, gay rights and contraception are all matters for the states. This shit isn’t a secret. They will be fine with criminalizing all of it as well.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2024 at 8:08 PM
Draft saved Draft deleted