1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That Costas call on the Stanton GIDP was seriously unprofessional.

Gutter likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was covering a Cardinals game at old Busch Stadium in the dog days of summer years ago when Costas happened to be hanging out in the press box. The ancient official scorer, a retired TSN desker who apparently had history with Costas, managed to screw up the scoring on some play that was subject to an obscure rule that of course Costas knew. Costas ripped the old man a new one, just going in hard on the gent while the rest of squirmed uncomfortably in our seats.
    And if that wasn’t enough, an inning or two later, me and the retired dude and Costas were all hitting the rest room at the same time and dammit if Costas didn’t light into the guy again, from the moment he unzipped through giving his little Bob three shakes.
    I haven’t liked that pompous clown ever since.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Costas or Al Michaels, whoyagot??

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Somewhere on sj.com the past week, we received a primer on 'disinterested' vs. 'uninterested'. While Uncle Al seems uninterested at times, he always appears disinterested, or impartial.

That double play call by Costas was high school amateurish. Just terrible.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Citi Field sounds bonkers. Win or lose, there will be many Mets fans with vomit-filled Grimace costumes when this one is over.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Alvarado is the epitome of that ancient insult "million dollar arm, ten cent head." A guy reaches base and he dissolves. Still, I guess when you get shut out, it's kind of irrelevant how many runs the other guys get.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Just lose tomorrow and put us all out of our misery.

9. Michael_ Gee

It would be very Phillies to win tomorrow and then lose Game 5 at home with Wheeler starting.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm seeing that as a very real possibility, because I'm betting Suarez will throw a quality start and force a Game 5.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Suarez could throw a no hitter and it may not matter if the bats decide to take the Acela home early like they did tonight and in game one.

12. Michael_ Gee

Has any member of the Phils' bullpen come in and not immediately made things worse in three games? I'm thinking no.

Draft saved Draft deleted