1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit of an anomaly this year (and the none of the division series have been decided yet, either, so might not even be the case this year).

Can't speak to other years, but if the Mets and Padres win, it really shouldn't be a huge surprise. No, they didn't win divisions. But both have the best records in baseball the last four months. It's not like either limped in (as the Mets did in 2022 despite 101 wins).

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I just know it gets talked about more and more, whether it's an advantage or disadvantage to get the time off at that point.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Dodgers need to bring Hal McRae out of retirement.
    Hal liked retribution as a player ... and manager.

4. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

There have been brash, cocky baseball teams before . . . but has anyone ever pushed it even as far as the Padres have? Within the staid tradition of baseball they stick out like the Michael Irvin-era Miami Hurricanes.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I really like it. We might have finally reached the stage when the old heads (not that I'm young) have stopped bitching and moaning about every bat flip or pitcher celebrating a big K or huge out.

And hoo boy, I don't think anyone wants to face the Padres right now. Mashing.

As far as cocky celebrations, not sure there's been a better one that Jesse Winker watching the piss missile he hit yesterday until it landed in the upper deck.

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Guards may win this game but Hinch is toying with Vogt early.

Liut likes this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a reliable stream for Dodgers-Padres?

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Six pitchers for Cleveland today? And a bullpen game promised for the Dodgers with their season on the line? The race for Overmanager of the Year is on!

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Tigers took their “starter” out after 6 pitches. Which caused Vogt to take a guy out of his lineup who hadn’t batted yet.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You wanted the guy who hadn’t started a game in three weeks with a blister on his hand to pitch more?

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Tigers and Guardians offenses are so bad that sequencing of hits is what decides these games.

The Tigers won’t be so lucky facing the Yankees. If they get the Royals however…

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I admit to missing the start of the game, but that being the case, why is he starting?

Draft saved Draft deleted