1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 -- This Seat is for Sale(h)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 8, 2024.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, he's a lying POS. On so many levels. Of course he ordered the Code Red on Saleh.

Brooklyn Bridge, wicked and qtlaw like this.
  2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Chill out. The Raiders are starting Aidan O'Connell. He would suck in a seven on seven drill. The Steelers will be fine.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wait! He was "at the controls" when I saw the LV Raiders in LV score a big 0 against the Vikings and lost 3-0 with that game being the lowest yards from scrimmage EVER in an indoor stadium. Oh and the Raiders crossed midfield ONCE and promptly fumbled the ball away. So yeah, the Steelers better be on game planning overtime.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that Saleh lost a lot of credibility with the Zach Wilson treatment among the team. He was dealt a shit hand, but he twice benched him from starter to inactive and then made him a starter again. To me, it seemed like he was flailing a bit.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

When White was the alternative, what else was he going to do?? If he had continued to run Wilson out there and get blasted and the team go swirling down the drain, Saleh would have been roasted as a clueless HC afraid to make any move. He was in a no-win situation.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yet San Francisco fans and much of the media (notable exception: Mike Silver) have all but started a bonfire in Union Square to dance around in hope he'll return to the 49ers.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think it was the grand pronouncement 2 years ago that the club was benching Wilson for the rest of the year to do a total reset of his footwork and then started him 3 weeks later. And something similar last season.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2024
    wicked likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And that's only one of a dozen reasons the Raiders have gone from "frisky" to "total dumpster fire" in a span of three weeks.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They might sneak by the Raiders just because they are really bad, but the Steelers entered the season relying on their pass rush and running game. The pass rush is down to Watt trying to do it by himself and they can't run the ball. Oops.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And yet they’ll somehow land at or above .500 and a 6 seed. For all the flaws, they always find a way. And playing the dog-shit raiders with a disgruntled wide receiver “injured” and wanting a trade, it’s a good get-right game.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for the year that doesn't happen. Their schedule is absolutely brutal after the bye, even worse than it seemed in preseason given how well the Commanders are playing. I think the Steelers are closer to that collapse than they are to actually contending for a championship.

Speaking of the Commanders, I'm looking forward to seeing Washington play Baltimore this weekend. There are folks who seem to be comparing Jayden Daniels favorably to Joe Burrow. Burrow torched the Ravens last week. Let's see what Daniels can do.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2024 at 10:03 AM
  12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Two of their first five after the bye are against the Browns. It’s like having three byes.

Draft saved Draft deleted