1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Holy F ... and it's early on. Damn. Gods speed them all.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not so early. Storm is supposed to be outta here in 10 to 12 hours.

Still, a big job for ServPro.

maumann likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2024
  4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

All due respect ... That's a long time.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that the damage will include several MLB minor league complexes/spring training facilities.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I mean, that's gonna probably be a full replacement of the turf and just about everything in the interior. Not like that organization doesn't have enough financial and logistical challenges.

The Superdome was closed for a full year after Katrina, though I don't know how much of that was storm damage and how much was related to the goings-on in the aftermath. The Metrodome roof collapse took place in December and, after voting to replace it in February, they barely made the start of the preseason (the Twins were already out by then).

Obviously a discussion for days ahead, but it would probably be near-miraculous if the Rays aren't playing at least a significant portion of their 2025 season in somewhere other than St. Pete.

7. HanSenSE

Temporary home? Oakland's available.

Baron Scicluna, garrow and Batman like this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I mean, I think the R'A's would be fantastic, though I'm guessing the way MLB typically stacks road trips, an alternate site would probably have to be somewhere like Nashville or Charlotte.

9. HanSenSE

Knew I should have used the blue font.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As an O's fan, I can sympathize with Phillies fans, because our two seasons sort of followed the same trajectory. Great starts, bats fizzled down the stretch.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I mean, maybe, but if it weren't for geography, it wouldn't be a terrible idea -- all the technological equipment and infrastructure is there, and you don't have to worry about the surface, lightning or scheduling. I wouldn't be shocked if they at least look into it.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

IMG_3148.jpeg

garrow, Liut and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted