1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This has been interesting to me as well - That despite the polling in plenty of areas, Rs have been underachieving in races for several years now, accounting for the fact that usually the party not in power does better in things like midterm elections.

Oddly, for that election in Alaska specifically, several stories mention that Shields played spoiler for the Republican... Except that if you look at his platform, Shields was campaigning on divesting from fossil fuels, suggesting that he was probably pulling more from Hopkins anyway. Then again, I'm not some expert on Fairbanks, Alaska, so maybe he's just some quasi-libertarian candidate.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Woody Long, Dyno and bumpy mcgee like this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Also, being 96 might have been a contributing factor. But I’m pretty sure she got caught in the gears of the hurricane steering device.

5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

MTM, maumann and PCLoadLetter like this.
  6. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Obama is out campaigning for Harris today in Pennsylvania. Bill Clinton will campaign for her in Georgia this weekend.

And Harris has agreed to do a town hall with CNN on Oct. 23.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Recall that's the date proposed for a second debate, which CFTFG rejected. Bet he rejects this one too.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Already has. His handlers seem to notice that whenever he gets a big national spotlight his numbers tank (excluding the Biden meltdown debate). So keep him out on the hustings to energize MAGA and MAGA adjacent sorts while his nutso behavior stays off the radar for that crucial last 2-4 percent of voters still up for grabs. Terrible for the good of the electoral process but not unreasonable strategy from their point of view.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Can I get a parlay he'll do one with one of hos BFFs at the same time or thereabouts?

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You'd think that a windbag would appreciate windmills more. Hey, dumbass, they look like they're turning slowly but actually they're working just fine.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Don(ald J.) Quixote

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted