1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Amazing run buy the Tigers. That was an incredible series.

Over the next week New Yorkers will try to convince you to care about TV ratings in the World Series.

maumann likes this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Dodgers-Yankees, yes. Two best teams and league MVPs.

Dodgers-Guardians, yes. AL Central underdog rooting interest.

Mets-Yankees? Sorry — too much Nu Yawk for me.

maumann likes this.
  3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I’m rooting for LA-Cleveland because that way if my Dodgers don’t win the title, I don’t have to hate the team that does.

I Should Coco and maumann like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The only Mets-Yankees Series was a ratings bust.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

In a series where one run was like finding a speck of gold, a grand slam was like hitting the Mother Lode today.

I forgot how much that hurts. It's a good hurt but I walked around the house pissed off for an hour.

Good luck to the Guardians. That's some good postseason baseball right there.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2024 at 6:05 PM
    FileNotFound likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I would LOL so hard to see Dave Roberts watch what’s left of his pitching staff get obliterated by late-game Mets. Alas, Dodgers offense has too much. This NLCS is going to set a scoring record.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I just saw today's result and began thinking about who I should root for going forward.

This gave me a headache.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The last time a New York team won a championship in the big four was the Giants in 2011. I think that's the longest the city has ever gone without a title.
    I'm hoping it continues. Go Guardians.

9. Spartan Squad

There was a 15-year stretch from 1906 to 1920 when no New York team won a title in the Big 4 bookended by the NY Giants winning the World Series in 1905 and 1921.

maumann likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There was no Big Four back then. There was Big One, baseball, and that was it. NFL was kind of invented in 1919, but the NHL wasn't until the '20s and the NBA until the '40s.

Batman and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I like that trivia question. Given that the football Giants weren't founded until 1925, the Rangers didn't start until 1926 and the Knicks weren't a thing until 1946, that's three of the four right there.

Now the Tigers, Lions and Red Wings all won titles in 1935, believe it or not.

Liut, Michael_ Gee and Spartan Squad like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

My point to that statement was to exclude any side league or sport that I’m uninterested in investigating.

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted