1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So Adam Cole leaves with injury as a heel. MJF transitions back to a heel. Cole returns and is automatically a huge face.

OK.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Kris Statlander spent months trying to maim the popular Willow Nightingale and is now the face to Mercedes Mone -- and inexplicably no longer linked to Stokely Hathaway -- all while she contends for the B belt, and Willow (who Stat beat) got the shot at the A belt.

3. nietsroob17

For all we know this came off the camcorder of Cody's mom, but still, what gems and oddities they put on this channel.

4. nietsroob17

Oh sure, the career of one of the greatest wrestlers in history may be over, but this video:

Batman likes this.
  5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"... wet and not in the fun way!" "Canceled like Fatty Arbuckle" LOL

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'm actually thrilled to see this, as there were reports a couple years ago that Constantino was having some serious health problems. I really was thinking at the time I would next see his name in an obit. Wishing good health, Rico.

7. nietsroob17

With Danielson and Ospreay losing, and Yuta turning, AEW now has all 8 championships held by 11 heels.

Not saying the whole company's got to be puppies and rainbows, but I think you've got to maintain some rah-rah for the good guys.

Moxley
    Perry
    Okada
    Young Bucks
    Takeshita
    May
    Mone
    BCC

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I’m not at all excited about where this Moxley thing is going and I dont see any baby faces capable of doing the “avenge Bryan” thing. Yuck.

Cole and MJF confuses me but I wanna wait for Dynamite to see how its positioned. You know the PPV crowd is gonna pop massively for both returns, so maybe they’re just using Cole’s return pop to generate heat for MJF and its not truly how theyre gonna be positioned face/heel wise

9. nietsroob17

Darby will definitely be first to lead the charge, especially after being goaded into giving up his title shot to Moxley. Could've been Swerve, but he's going to be caught up with the Hurt stable and Lashley's impending debut.

10. nietsroob17

Speaking of Lashley's debut: looks like we'll be having a reunion ... and sacrifice.

11. nietsroob17

So now we know who's going to take the belt from Cody at WrestleMania.

2muchcoffeeman and JRoyal like this.
  12. nietsroob17

I guess it's too much to ditch the individual names, but glad to have the War Raiders back and the Viking concept dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted