1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Kamala Harris laughs sometimes.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Team MAGA is already planning military takeover and occupation in blue states. You think they're going to let New York and California do what they want??

4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Agree with all of this. But what I think so many of us don't think about is that those who support Trump either just. don't. care or they outright don't believe these things. Trump doesn't hate the military, that's just the evil fake media and told by more evil loser RINOs that Trump fired. On and on and on, on all the talking points.

Look at those Vance clips above. Jan. 6 was just a few rowdy people, not representative of real Americans. And those who don't say that actually believe they ARE real American patriots fighting for their country.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

At the same time, they DO BELIEVE every bad thing said about Harris and Dems said by Fox and Tucker and OAN and on and on. And anything these nasty Dems say about their guy, well, that's more evil propaganda . See how nasty they are? They say these things about Trump! That's what inside of their cult, and that's what they very much adhere to.

Also, rich people want that tax cut again. I've spent the weekend visiting family in Winchester, VA, (near WV border, but decent-sized town) and in the ritzy neighborhoods - and there are a lot of them, with, big, big houses - many of them have Trump-Vance signs. They care only about themselves. Not anybody else. They got theirs, and evil Dems want to give theirs to migrants.

Again, Dems got their "star" politician in Obama. The Trumpers have theirs now. He is them, and they are happy to be him.

Start believing it. They tell us who they are. That's why this is so close.

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Trump is the president of the aggrieved. That is their unifying connection. They are angry because somehow they believe that the world conspired against them because they are white. Their failures are because of the “other,” never themselves.

It’s what unites the guy living in a trailer with Dennis Quaid. Trailer park guy lives there not because he never paid attention in school, was in and out of jail for various crimes, and knocked up three different women by age 21…it’s because affirmative action and the gayz getting all the breaks. Quaid had a long career in movies with a ton of hits, but he never got the great roles and Oscar nods because “they” preferred the liberals like Tom Hanks.

Trump has promised them to go back to a time before their failings and to punish those who hurt them. That’s the appeal. That’s the promise. It’s not them voting for Darth Vader over Luke Skywalker. It’s them voting for Star Wars that ended before it went “woke,” and ruined their lives.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

One party’s aggrieved is another party’s constituency. That goes for both.

They look at the single black mother in a city like you look at the poor white man in Appalachia.

Until we stop dividing the “good” poor from the “bad” poor, neither side is ever going to address the real issue.

Their side explains it with race theory disguised as cultural issues. I’d like to think we could look it as a structural issue.

Or we could just do what they do and call them lazy, I guess.

maumann likes this.
  7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Exactly.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

And I thought all along that Randy was the family nut.

cyclingwriter2 and garrow like this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

And you’ve got a JD Vance screed with one simple change.

We’re better than this.

Where the fuck is the heart, compassion and lending hand I thought this country possessed?

We’re in an abhorrent state when both sides’ move is to bury the least fortunate in insults.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ve become convinced every middle class white person should be drafted into the Peace Corps in this country.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Now that he's hit Coachella and will do a thing at MSG, I almost wonder if he was hoping to do his event in Colorado at Red Rocks. I really do hope this is his farewell tour.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Because all the upper class people already do?

13 years from Occupy Wall Street to national conscription into public service for middle class people.

Pretty nifty trick the tech companies pulled through amplifying Ivy Leaguers on social media.

Draft saved Draft deleted