1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 -- This Seat is for Sale(h)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 8, 2024.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the Lions somehow got it in their heads the Hutchinson injury was due to a cheap shot or something by the Cowboys and now they're gonna RUTS on them, grind their faces in the dirt.

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

You could see him say “It’s broken.”

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Might end up being Cowboys’ most lopsided home L since 1988 (3-43 to MIN).

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

This is a pad the stats game for the Lions.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

McCarthy gets fired within an hour after the final whistle.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Until they take all of the starters out.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Very much so.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If you’re the Lions, would you prefer today’s results? Or would you prefer to go home with a loss but a healthy Hutchinson?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Ben Johnson will be a head coach somewhere next year.
    I think Belichick will too FWIW.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When you only get 17 games in a violent sport, you take the win and figure it out. Yeah losing Hutchinson isn’t ideal, but he would also agree you get the win when you can. The only calculus that would make me question that is quarterback. You take an L to have a healthy QB.

exmediahack likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Steelers have their issues, but the Raiders are not the team that will expose them. The Raiders are a bad team in disarray from a personnel and locker room standpoint. Their best player is out with an alleged injury (I say alleged because he's also demanding a trade), six or seven other starters have missed games, and the coach is accusing others of making "business decisions" to avoid contact.
    The Raiders are a damn dumpster fire right now from every angle. It's hard to believe that a month ago they were a very good-looking 2-0, with two road wins banked and a soft run of home games coming up.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Just saw the Hutchinson replay. That's the exact type of break you see in MMA.

Draft saved Draft deleted