1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

To be fair, there has been some coverage of Trump’s pet comments, Trump saying he would withhold federal money in the event of a wildfire in California and he would authorize U.S. soldiers against “radical left voters.”

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The race, according to the POLLZ!?!?!? hasn’t really moved at all in weeks. It’s close, and Harris perhaps has a slim lead. If you care about not having an unfit, senile, rapist, felon, traitor as President, then anxiety is natural if not expected. I certainly have it. I don’t want that demented, hateful old fuck representing our country.

The thing I keep coming back to is this: the ceiling for trump has been 47 percent. I just don’t seen any way he’s gained voters after Jan. 6, stealing classified documents, 34 felony convictions and Roe overturned.

He can pull off the slim electoral college win again. I don’t dispute that. He’ll definitely lose the popular vote by 5 million, likely more.

I also think there’s also a scenario where a lot of these POLLLZZ?!?! are missing both Roe and trump fatigue and he gets 43 percent and a bitch-ass beatdown.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2024 at 10:19 PM
    sgreenwell likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I was surprised this wasn't from @Starman , but yeah.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You wound me, sir. You wound me with 400 million barbs.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I see this time and again and have to wonder.

What magical force would be causing pollsters to always miss voters who care about Roe?

Just sounds like wishful thinking without any basis in logic.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Excellent. But it's missing Michele Morrow.

8. Sam Mills 51

Please tell me that people are smart enough to realize that FEMA is now in a no-win situation because either they continue their work in clear danger from what is reported to be militia ... or cease, which will start the right-wing propaganda's "See? They're going out of their way not to help you" narrative.

No, that's not the most important consideration - but when has MAGA cared about doing the right thing first and foremost?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m afraid you already know the answer to this in your heart.

10. Sam Mills 51

Yeah, I know. We all know.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It might be wishful thinking. But the votes cast in actual elections since Roe was tossed has made it very clear that the SCOTUS decision is hugely unpopular even in deep red states.

I don’t think it’s a magical force. I think a lot of women will vote on it who are necessarily going to let anyone know that.

It’s part of the larger idea that it seems unlikely trump has actually gained support beyond his 47 percent.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Militia, my ass. They're terrorists. Round them up and lock 'em up in GTMO.

Draft saved Draft deleted